Monday, January 26, 2009

Yay!

I was approved today for graduation!!! I filled out my application, and it was approved. Now all I need to do is pass the rest of the classes that I need and I will be all set!
My graduation day is June 7th! I am so excited!!!!
I never really thought that I would get the chance to go back to school, and now here I am.

I know that it is just an AGS degree, but to me, it is more than that.

It is a sense of accomplishment.

It is being able to tell my son that I got a degree. And not feeling guilty for pushing college on him, when I myself hadn't finished.

It is knowing that I am no longer a college drop out.

It is knowing that I actually can put a degree on my resume. I know that it won't make a difference in my current job, but I am ok with that. I enjoy my job, and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

It is knowing that I can say to Tony that I am an educated girl, which means that I am right and he is wrong. (Just kidding about that one... well, sort of.)

Anyway, I am just super excited, and thought that I would share!

3 comments:

  1. I am SOOO proud of you!! What an accomplishment!! I, too, dropped out of college, only to go back and finish, so I know how hard it is to go as an adult. Way to go!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete