Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A mix of things.... Lots of Pictures in Post

I thought I would just post some random pictures of recent happenings. We are always so busy with "event" type things, that I rarely post about day to day happenings. Between the holidays, birthdays, ice skating and Silvertips stuff, you would think that we are always on the go... but we do have some down time....


Vinny has wanted a cash register for some time now. He always loves to play with them, so we spent his birthday money to get him one. He sat for over an hour last night playing by himself. He would open and close the drawer and scan all types of items. He even brought me his fake money while I was studying. When I asked him if it was for me, he yelled "MY MONEY" and hid it behind his back. I had no idea that he knew what money was, or that he could say money, but he surprises me with new things each day...











Oh and don't you just love the grocery clerk with no pants on?!?!?!













Here is a picture of Vinny on his new scooter. He got it for his birthday from Grandma Donna. I have to admit that I wasn't sure how well he would do with a scooter, but he has had so much fun with it. It is Leap Frog brand, and if you are looking for a scooter, I recommend it. It has a ton of buttons and is a bit noisy, but the songs are educational.

Vinny has even learned how to actually use the scooter by putting one foot on and pushing off with the other. I was impressed. I thought that would be something that he needed to be older to learn.


Here are some pictures of Vinny just playing and being goofy. The sweater that he is wearing is a Norwegian sweater that his great grandma Bona had made for him for Christmas.

The Mickey Mouse is his new favorite stuffed animal. He got it from Papa Vinny for his birthday. He carries him around all over. Mickey eats with Vinny, drinks with Vinny, reads with Vinny and sleeps with Vinny. Any where Vinny goes, Mickey is in tow.
All giggles!

Vinny's new "Cheese" face! Sometimes I wonder where he learned to be such a ham... I think I am blaming it on his uncle Joe.










Vinny's new pet! He got him from Andrew and Ashley for his birthday. I have asked him a could of times what the fish's name is and he tells me "bott" which is what he calls milk. I asked him if the fish's name is "milk" and his response was "Um...... Yah." So I guess this is our new pet named Milk. Hopefully he will come up with a new name soon.

This is just a picture that I thought I would share. Tony took it last night. I don't know if you can tell what it is, because the picture is kind of small, but it is the stars from our backyard after about a 20 minute exposure time. You can see the stars rotating around the center star. I don't know a whole lot about it, but Tony has been trying to get a shot like this for awhile.






Since Tony and I both had the day off of work on Monday, we decided to go to the Woodland Park Zoo. Vinny really enjoyed running around. It was a great day for it. The sun was shining, and the animals were out. We had a lot of fun, and I can't wait to take Vinny back.



3 comments:

  1. I love his "cheese" face! LOL!!! So cute! I think we might have to get that cash register for Acadia's 2nd birthday - looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pics! Jamison has almost that exact same cash register, but she got hers in the Ukraine. How weird is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the stars very cool.

    You should have called on monday. the boys and I could have tagged along on your zoo trip. we have never actually been to woodland park zoo.

    ReplyDelete