Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday.... Jordan Mistelbacher


Do you have people in your life that you don't know personally, but feel like you do? I have several of them. Some examples are the friends of the people at work. We talk about them, and I hear stories about them. I don't know them, but I feel like I do. Or the spouses of your friends and acquaintances. I guess being a girl, especially one that talks a lot, and is nosy, I learn a lot about people, so I feel like they are a part of my life, even if they aren't. I hope that makes sense.

The reason that I started thinking about this is the recent death of former Silvertips player, Jordan Mistelbacher. I didn't know him personally, but I go and see him and his team play hockey for 2 years, sometimes more than a couple of times a week. He was a part of a team that I was a fan of and supported. He was one of the players that I looked for every game. I read articles about him and kept up on his life, as well as come of his other teammates. It really saddened me to hear about his death. He seemed like a good kid. He had a lot going for him. He may not have been with the Tips anymore, but was a decent player, so he would have done well at Winnipeg. He was only 19 years old.

My heart really goes out to Jordan's family and to his friends and to all of his Silvertips that will be missing that piece of their "family." And to all of his fans, like myself, that will miss our #18.

My thought for Thursday... There are a lot of people out there that you know and care about, even if you don't really "know" them. Their lives may effect the lives of the people that we do know and love. If something bad happens to one of them it can affect us by seeing the pain that those we love are feeling.

I know that I didn't know Jordan, and I don't personally know the Tips players, or their families, but I still feel like they are a part of my life, at least a couple of days a week for 6+ months of the year, and I feel for all of them, and hope that they can all get through this knowing that he is now in a better place.

May you rest in peace Jordan!

Here is a picture of Vinny watching the team warm up last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment