Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday

I know, I know... I haven't written in a few days... I forgot about I remember Monday (kind of ironic, huh?) and I was super busy this weekend, and between work and homework, I haven't had any time for fun.... Let's see... Exciting News! I was elected to the Board of Directors for Normanna Park, which is owned by the Sons of Norway. That is where our lot is up at the cabin. It doesn't mean a whole lot, except for now I will be able to help to keep the cabin the way it is. I really just wanted to be on the board to keep other people off. Is that selfish? Maybe. But worth it. I am not sure what position I will have until my meeting tomorrow night. I am very excited. This might sound silly, but it really makes me feel "grown up." Up at the Lake it is a big community of Norwegians, my step-family, (Karen's family) has been involved with it since the beginning. My grandpa was one of the people that started it. I have been going up there for years with my dad and Karen, and a few years ago, Tony and I bought a lot up there. We haven't used it much, but I always enjoyed going up there, and wanted Vinny to have that too. As the original owners are getting older, and a younger group have started moving in up there, it seems that they don't get what the community up there is all about. It is part of the fraternity (Sons of Norway) and about having a nice place to go with your families. The newcomers want to have big parties, and rent the place out, and just change the whole idea of it. This is not something that I want. I love that it is private. I love that people aren't just going in and out of there, and that I can feel safe up there, and feel that Vinny is safe up there. This is why I wanted to be on the board. To preserve what we have up there and to not have things change... I know that I can't make the decisions, but I can help, and let my voice be heard....

Enough about that...

Things are great with Vinny. He is finally back to himself and feeling better. I was talking with daycare yesterday and they said that they think that his vocabulary has doubled over the last week or so. He all of a sudden is speaking in phrases. He was never much of a talker at daycare, so this doesn't suprise me too much. I think he has grown again too. I was shocked when they had told me that he grew over 5 inches between his 18month and 2 year appointments, but since that time, I think he grew again. All of a sudden we noticed that he was taller than his friend Conner, who has always been a lot taller than Vinny.

This week's plans:
Tonight - I have homework to do. T
omorrow - I am going to a board meeting. Tony and Vinny are going to the Silvertips game. This is going to be the first time Tony hasn't taken him to a game by himself, so it should be interesting to see how it goes.
Thursday- More homework (oh, yay!) and then to the library and then spend the evening at home.
Friday- Vinny has his Valentine's day party at school. I am going to go to it. We got him some Thomas the Tank Engine valentines to give out to his friends. Then we start our 3 day weekend!!! Friday night we have another hockey game.
Saturday - Valentine's Day. We will probably just work around the house and in the yard. We are trying to get the backyard finished. We aren't doing anything romantic, just another hockey game :)
Sunday - Not sure yet.
Monday - Eli is coming over to spend the day with us. Dawn is going to go and get pampered (she really deserves it) and Eli is going to come and spend the day with us. I am not sure what we are going to do yet, but we'll find something fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment