Monday, February 2, 2009

I remember Monday...

Being that Vinny has gotten to be so active lately, and hard to keep a handle on, I thought that I would talk about the first roadtrip that we took as a family.
Vinny was only about 6 months old. We were so nervous because we were going to drive down to California to go to the red woods. Neither Tony or I had been there before. I can't remember how many days it took us, but we went all over. We drove through Oregon and then went and stayed down in California. We drove through the red woods and up the Oregon coast. We stayed in Florence and then came back home. Vinny was perfect. We were so worried about having a crying baby the whole time. He hardly cried at all.
It was such a wonderful trip. I look back now and see how scared we were and how worried I was about taking him so far away from home. But it was so easy compared to what I expected. Some milk, some diapers and wipes, some clothes and off we went.
I can't imagine a road trip now... The list of things we would need would be huge! Food, drinks, trucks, books, diapers, wipes, crayons, Mickey, extra shoes, snacks... the list would go on and on.... And sitting in the car for hours??? Vinny would go nuts, which in return, would make Tony and I nuts. Not something that I want to do anytime soon.
I never realized that it would be harder to have a toddler than it was to have an infant.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about this the other day. We're driving to Phoenix in May and I'm a little nervous about how Jacob will do. He'll be 11 months and will probably have a hard time sitting still for that long!

    ReplyDelete