Sunday, February 15, 2009

I remember Monday... on Sunday

So I decided to do my I remember Monday today, since I have been such a slacker and keep forgetting. Plus I will be babysitting Eli all day tomorrow, so I don't think I will have much time to get done. With Valentine's being yesterday, and the anniversary of Tony and my first date, I thought I would write about that.

I remember 7 years ago... Tony and my first date. February 22, 2002. We went to the Spaghetti Factory and then went to Giggles comedy club in Seattle. I was so excited. A lot had gone on the few months before, and all of it was life changing for me. I was worth all the trouble and heart ache in the end, but who could of known that it would be the beginning of something so wonderful. Tony and I met in high school (long story) and didn't talk for several years, but got reacquainted in the end of 2001. I fell for him hard, and I fell fast. Even though we didn't have our first official date until that night, I was already head over heals with him.

I was so nervous. I knew that I really liked him, but had no idea how he felt about me. I had been surprised that he had actually wanted to go out on a date. Both of our situations were weird, and I came with baggage that wasn't easy to just toss aside. Even though we grew up in the same area, we were now in completely different worlds. I had no idea how the night would turn out. I remember at the comedy club looking to see if he was laughing at the same things that I laughed at, and trying so hard to figure him out. Those of you who know Tony know that he is the hardest person to read.

I had no idea that it would be the day that would change my life forever. Sitting there eating spaghetti, I never would have thought that this was the man that I would marry and eventually a child or more with.

Our first date must have gone well :) We moved in together in May and by November were looking for a house to buy. Fast forward to now, and we have been married for nearly 5 years, we have a wonderful son, and are working everyday towards our "happily ever after..."


Tony~ I can't believe that it has been 7 years since our first date. 7 years is a long time. I treasure every moment that we have spent together and look forward to 70 more years together. I love you so much! Thank you for being so great to me and for giving me this wonderful life. I can't imagine a day without you.


2 comments:

  1. SO sweet!! I love hearing how people got together :) You guys are such a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things really do work out the way they should, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete