Monday, December 29, 2008

What a week!!! **Edited to add video**

With all the snow and the holidays it has been a crazy week. But today, Tony is at work, I am at work, and Vinny is at daycare... all back to normal. :/
Let's see...

Sunday - We had our Composano Christmas (see the post below)

Monday - Tony was home with Vinny because daycare was closed due to snow. I was able to get off a little early and join them.

Tuesday - Tony took a vacation day, and was home with Vinny again. They went and took Karen out to run some last minute Christmas errands. With all the snow, she was having a tough time getting around.


Wednesday - Tony and Vinny stayed home. I worked a 1/2 day, and then went home to join them. Tony and I opened our gifts that night, and decided to go ice skating. (also, see post below) It was so much fun!


Thursday - Merry Christmas! We woke up early and let Vinny open his gifts from us. He didn't get his big gift yet, simply because it has been snowing so much. Tony built him a swing set/fort in the backyard. I can't wait until this spring and he can go out and play.




We went early to Tony's parents for breakfast. It snowed all morning. We opened gifts and ate lunch, and just hung out for a couple of hours, until Vinny's nap time. It was nice having the whole family together. We all made out pretty good in the gift department too, which is always fun. I think that Vinny's favorite thing though, was an orange that Linda put in the bottom of his stocking. He wanted it right away, and then wouldn't put it down the whole time he was opening gifts. We finally had to trick it out of his hands. It was so hard for Vinny not to go and play in the snow... every change he got, he at least had to get his shoes wet.







We then went home and just relaxed at home all night. It was so nice to not have a ton of running around to do.

I had a big scare this day too. I noticed at Dan and Linda's that I wasn't wearing my rings, which is really strange for me. I couldn't remember taking them off, but figured that they were at home. When we got there, we looked everywhere for them, and couldn't find them. I even went to my work. Finally, we looked in the couch cushions and there they were, all three of them. I am not sure if I took them off in my sleep, while sleeping on the couch with Vinny, or if he took them of my bed stand and hid them, but talk about a panic... Thank goodness we found them.

Friday - I woke up early and went shopping, and then had to deal with a big fiasco at K-Mart (Long story, but the moral of it is, don't buy gift cards at K-Mart) We went and had a nice lunch at Olive Garden. We then drove down to IKEA to look at a new entertainment center, but didn't buy anything.
We then spent the evening at Karen's with the family. We had a ham dinner, and opened gifts and just visited for awhile. It was a lot of fun. Vinny got this one truck that they all played with quite a bit. I am not sure if Vinny or Dan and Tony liked it better.
See above for video.


Saturday - We went back up to Dan's house to have our Christmas with my mom. Vinny, of course was crabby, because he was tired, but we had a good time. We then went home and cleaned some, and went to the Silvertips game.
See above for video.


Sunday- We woke up early and went back down to IKEA to get the entertainment center that we wanted. When we got home, we spend the day setting it up, and filling it will all of our games, DVDs and Vinny's books. It looks so nice. I am very excited.
I took down the tree and all of the decorations, and got most of it put away. It is just so much work to take all that stuff down once it is up... then the house looks so empty and sad... :(

I didn't take a bunch of pictures, but I did take quite a bit of video, which I will try and get up in the next day or so....
And here we are to today... It is a short week at work, but still have a lot going on... maybe someday soon we will get to rest... oh wait, I have a 2 year old. I don't think we will be resting anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment