Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday....

With the holiday season all around us, I have been thinking a lot about friends and family, and it got me to thinking about who the truley important people are in my life. This might sound like an awful post and it isn't meant to be, but I just want to share my thoughts. I have lots of "friends." But only a couple of good friends. Most of the people in my life are more like acquaintances. People that I like talking with and enjoy my time with, but a lot of them, if we don't see each other for awhile, or don't talk, I don't think too much about it. Some of them, if I never saw again, I don't feel like it would change my life any. I just go on with my days and am happy to hear from them again, but don't go out of my way to remain close. It's not that I don't like these people, or that I don't care about them, they just aren't on the top of my priority list. I think that everyone had these kinds of people in their life, so you can understand what I am talking about. Some friends come and go. There doesn't have to be an arguement or anything, they just weren't the type of people that you felt that you needed to "hang on to."

But, what is it that makes someone your best friend(s)?

It's feeling like they are a part of your family. When you think of important events in your life, you can't imagine them not being there.
It's knowing that no matter what time it is, that if you needed them, you could call and they would be there for you.
It's going out shopping and seeing something and thinking of them or their kids and how much they would enjoy something.
It's spending time together and leaving feeling with your heart full, and having wonderful memories.
It's having someone that knows what you want and need, even if you don't know it yourself. ( :) Dawn )
It's knowing that your kids will grow up together, and be the best of friends, just because you know that they will be around each other all the time.
It's being able to hang out, just to hang out. When there doesn't have to be a reason to see eachother.
It's knowing that they don't judge you and you don't judge them either. You except eachother for who you are.
It's having something happen, and you can't wait to share the story with them.
It's knowing that you can be do stupid things and they will laugh with you, not at you... and even if they are laughing at you, you know that you probably deserve it!!!
It's feeling blessed that they are in your life every time you think about them.
Thank you to my "real" friends. I am so lucky to have you in my life.

There are so many other things that make people true friends. I would love to hear some of your thoughts on this, and what makes someone your best friends. What is it about these people that make it so important to you to have them remain in your life?

Thanks for reading and for your feedback.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, stop the love fest your making me cry. Melissa I posted the same thoughts for Thursday at the same time you did. You make my life richer and without you I would truly have nothing. Your friendship means more to me than you could ever even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there I was reading your blog thing, never been on this site before. Well anyways about your friends and family reflection. I agree with you 100% people(friends) come and go but there is always a reason why the one's in your past didn't make it to your future... Take Care during this Holiday Season and we'll talk again hopefully soon. Thinking of you and your family often ~Staneen Johnson

    ReplyDelete