Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Talent Tuesday...

"Mom, I think I am hungry...."

So last night I come home from work, and Vinny goes in the kitchen and pulls the chair over to the stove. I thought it was weird, since I had never seen him do it, so I thought I would just sit back and watch him. He then goes and pulls the rolls down and gets 3 rolls out.
Ok what ever... then he gets down, goes over to the silverware drawer and takes out a butter knife. By this time I was getting a little worried, but decided to just sit back and watch. (I really wanted to get my camera, but didn't want to miss what was going on.) He climbed back up on the chair and put the knife down and climbed back down and went to the fridge. He couldn't quite get it open, so I helped. He grabbed the jam and climbed back up on the chair and started whining and pointing to the jar. I opened it, and he sat there for almost 20 minutes taking the knife dipping it into the jam and whiping it on the bread. He barely got any jam each time, so it took him awhile, and eventually he started just scooping it out with his hands and putting it on the bread. Finally he just put the lid back on the jam and started eating his roll. I couldn't not believe it. I still can't believe it.

How did he know to do all that?
The kid can't figure out not to hit us with hockey sticks, or not to push his friends, but he can make himself a jam sandwich. Who knew?

I really wish I would have gotten it on video or on my camera, but I didn't want to miss a second of what was going on to go and get it.

2 comments: