Sunday, March 8, 2009

I hate scary phone calls.

I checked my cell phone this afternoon, and saw that I had 3 missed calls and voice mails. When I checked them there were calls from my Mom's boyfriend and from Swedish hospital. Apparently my mom fell last night and broke her hip. She is at Swedish Hospital and it sounds like she will be there for about a week. It sounds like she is doing ok, and will heal fine, but her hip was broken in 3 places. He ball and join socket were not broken, so that is a good thing. She went into surgery this morning and they had to put pins and plates in her hip.
I haven't had a chance to talk to her Dr yet, but this is everything that Roger told me.
She is on a lot of pain medications, and said that she is in a lot of pain, but it sounds like after her recovery period, she will be doing ok.
I just feel awful that it took me that long to get the message. She had been in the hospital for over 15 hours before I even knew she was there... That will teach me to leave my phone on silent....
I will write updates, as I get them.

Mom, I hope you get out of there soon, and you have a speedy recovery. I am worried about you!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - how scary!! I hope she makes a quick recovery ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete