Friday, April 8, 2011

Live Butterfly Garden & Ladybugs too!

For Christmas, we got Vinny a Live Butterfly Garden and a Ladybug Garden, as well. He had been asking for them for a very long time, because he always sees the commercial.  While we were in California, the butterflies came out of thier cocoons. The commercial says that you have to let them go, so he couldn't wait to let them be in the outside world.






 Here is one of the ladybugs that we let out today, as well. They were not quite as exciting.
And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I am aware that it is very cold outside still and they might all die tonight. But, I would much rather then die outside, where they belong, than in a cage in my living room, and have to explain to Vinny why we didn't let them go in time.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun? I've raised them in my classroom, but not with my son. I want to sometime!

    ReplyDelete