Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vinny's penpal

Through my mommy's group, Vinny now has a penpal. His name is Logan and he lives in Louisville, Kentucky. His birthday is just a few days before Vinny's, and so far, it seems like they have a lot in common.
Vinny's first letter to Logan was for Logan's 4th birthday. He sent him some cars that he picked out and a card. It was funny because he wrote Happy Birthday Penpal. He is so excited with the idea of having one. 

Vinny got his first package from Logan last week. He was so excited. Logan made him a tooth with hearts on it (because of him going to the dentist) and Vinny said that Logan made it because "Logan loves me and is my best friend in the whole wide world." He wanted to bring everything to bed with him, but I was worried he would ruin it, so we compromised and hung everything on the wall by Vinny's bed. So, here is a pic of Vinny's Logane "shrine."


As soon as he was done opening it, he wanted to get started on a picture for Logan. So here is the one he drew.

The next day we decided to finish his letter so we could mail it off... Vinny drew a map to show Logan how to get to his house. Vinny told me what every place was and I wrote it on there. He was trying to show that Logan didn't live far away and he could come over anytime. :) He rolled it up so that it was a treasure map.

Vinny had a lot to say to Logan, so I had him tell me and I wrote it for him. It cracks me up how random his thoughts were.
We also sent a picture of Vinny and a picture of the 3 of us together. I am very excited to watch this "friendship" grow. Hopefully they will be able to meet in real life some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment