Thursday, January 6, 2011

First of all I would like to say how wonderful Dr Lugo and his staff at Marysville Children's Dentistry are. http://www.marysvillepediatricdentistry.com/ I highly recommended them before today, but now I can't give enough praise. They made a traumatic event for Vinny and us, go super smooth.

We got up early this morning because Vinny's appointment was at 8. While I was brushing his teeth, he started complaining about them hurting, so I decided it was time to tell him what we were doing today. I explained that when we went to see Dr Lugo, that he was going to take them out so we could give them to the tooth fairy so that they won't hurt anymore. He said "ok" and that was it. I asked him what he thought the tooth fairy would bring him and he said "fruit roll ups. Not the ones in the box, but the ones by the bananas." So, I guess the tooth fairy is going to have to stop by the grocery store on her way over.

When we got there, Vinny hoped right up in his chair. He got to watch "How to Train Your Dragon." They gave him his goggles, laughing gas and he just laid there while he waited to go numb. He hardly moved when they gave him the injections or the whole time he laid there. I wanted to check to see if he was still awake since he was so still.


It took about 30 minutes to get him prepared and about 1 minute to actually take the teeth out. He did great. He didn't even make a sound.

He got his popsicle and we were on our way. He was pretty numb and swollen for awhile, but didn't take long to ask for food. He said that it hurts a little bit, but never wanted any tylenol or anything.
He thinks it looks really cool when he looks in the mirror and can't wait for the tooth fairy. I am very proud of what a big boy he was and how well he did. (and am very proud of myself for how well I did :))
That toothless grin will take me some getting used to, but he is still my happy little boy filled with lots of smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment