Saturday, April 25, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Tony went on vacation down to the dunes with the guys, so since Thursday, I have been a single stay at home mom. It has been a lot of fun, and kind of trying at times, but other than the fact that I miss my husband to death, it hasn't been that bad.
Thursday day we did a bunch of running around in the morning, and then went and had lunch with my mom at Izzy's. We all ate too much, but had a nice visit.
Thursday night we went to Dawn's parents' house for dinner. Here are a couple of pictures. It was so nice to just go and have dinner and hang out.

Eli and Vinny going on a "ride" on the chair.
Double Trouble!
Vinny and Eli in the tub. This picture is Vinny crying after Eli dumped water all over him.
This picture is after Vinny tried to dump water all over Eli and dumped it over his own face instead.
I learned that we need to get Vinny a shopping cart. He LOVED Eli's. He had Mickey Mouse sitting in the seat and pushed it all around the house.

On Friday, we went and say Bryan Stratton's Imagination Nation at Tim Noah's Thumbnail Theatre in Snohomish. Dawn and I took the boys and they had such a good time. Vinny had a rough time at first, but when they let him run around like a lion, and when they brought out the instruments for him to play, he had a blast!
The show.

Can you believe it? We got two 2 year olds and a 6 month old to sit still for a picture! They might not have been paying attention to the camera, but at least they were sitting.
Here is what it was like 2 seconds before and 2 seconds after the last picture. :)
Friday night was "Girls Night In" at my place. Vinny went to Grandma and Papa Hemrich's, So, no kids (except Kai) lots of food and lots to drink. Fun times! The only problem, is drinking and picture taking shouldn't be combined. Good thing I was the one taking the pictures... wait... did Dawn have a camera too?

Silly Girls!
This morning was the March of Dimes, March for Babies. Our First Heritage Bank team raised $5210! It makes me so proud to work for a company with such generous and caring people. When we woke up in the morning, it was pouring down rain. Luckily it held out for us, and it was cold, but not raining.
This walk was extra special for me this time. I am not sure how many of you know, but my cousin Cassee just lost her baby last week at 19 weeks. She delivered the baby, but it had already passed. I can't imagine what it was like for her and her husband, Kenneth. At this point they are not sure what happened.
It is great organizations like the March of Dimes that helps to try and stop families from having to go through this. I have been a supporter for about 5 years, and now, more than ever, I pray that they are able to help people like Cassee and Kenneth to have a healthy baby someday.
Rebecka, Vinny, Dawn and Eli.
All that riding in the wagon was exhausting!
Beck and me... Just a reminder, we got up at 6:30 after an evening of fun to do this walk... being pretty wasn't a priority to me.
They had a bouncy house set up. This is a picture that I took right before Vinny peed all over inside of it... Yes, my kid is "that kid" and I was "that mom" that climbed in and wiped the whole thing down with a ton of baby wipes.
So other than the never-ending diaper rash that Vinny has had since Thursday afternoon, the bumps on both sides of Vinny's head, the bruises on this shins, the cracked computer monitor (not really sure what happened there,) the peeing in the bouncy house and hearing repeatedly "Daddy work?" I think that our first long experience home alone went really well. Tony should be home tomorrow evening, and we are both taking Monday off of work to have some family time.

2 comments:

  1. Exhausting huh? Sometimes work can definatly sound like an escape. I am so glad you had fun doing stay at home mom stuff with me and my boys. We really enjoyed your company. Girls night was so much fun and I am still talking to Brian about it. We must do this again. I like hanging with Alicia and Rebecca too! Have a great day tomorrow with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a busy weekend. It looks like lots of fun though.

    ReplyDelete