Saturday, December 25, 2010

Santa came! (Christmas #3)

Rather than jumping out of bed to see if Santa had come, Vinny called me from his room, "Mom, I need you!" So I went in. He told me that he needed to get up to see if Santa brought presents, but he didn't know if it was morning yet. So we got up, got Dad, and went out. Vinny was so sweet. He had to make sure that we all had our presents to open.

This is the gift that Vinny picked out for his Dad. It is a 5 pack of Ferrari Hot Wheels cars. When he saw them at the store, he was super excited and said that it was what Dad would want!
Opening DS Games


Vinny did not want his picture taken at all. But I did snap a few. He was so cute. After everything that he opened he said "This is what I have been really wanting!" He loved everything and was so grateful. It was a nice reminder on Christmas morning of what a loving and sweet boy he is.

Vinny has been using my old pink DS for several months and has gotten very good at it. He saw at the store that they now had new red DS XLs with Mario Kart and it is all we have heard about since. This is what he asked Santa for when we went and saw him. So, of course that is what he got from Santa. He is super excited about it. Like I said, he didn't want to be in front of the camera, but I was able to get a little video of him.
I know that this is the first Christmas that Vinny really "got" what was going on and "got" Christmas. It was wonderful for me and Tony. I am not ready for it to be over yet. Seeing the pure joy in Vinny's face as he sings his Christmas songs and talks about Santa is something I hope that I will never forget. Seeing that pure excitment and happiness from him is my favorite thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment