Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The strangest thing happened this morning.... ;) Tony had already left for work and Vinny was still in bed. I was in the kitchen making Vinny some toast for breakfast and a glass of milk, when I heard a strange sound... I turned around and on the counter there was a little dancing man, all dressed in green. I think it might have been a leprechaun!
I grabbed a lunch bag off the shelf and scooped him up inside. I taped it all up and put it out on the coffee table so I could show Vinny. I put his toast and milk out next to it too.
I woke Vinny up and told him about the Lephrechaun, so he ran out to the living room, and you wouldn't believe what he found... someone had taken bites of Vinny's toast, there were little marshmallows left all over and his milk was GREEN!!!!
How could this be??? Who could have done it??? I grabbed the bag so that I could show Vinny the Leprechaun and noticed it was very light... I turned it around, and this is what we saw!
He had escaped! OH NO!!! We looked all over the house and couldn't find him. Vinny thinks that he must have left out the doggy door to go and get some clovers, or to go to another kids' house.
Vinny is pretty bummed that he didn't get to see him, but I explained that Leprechauns don't let kids see them, and that must be why he escaped.
Vinny thinks that he escaped because he wanted to leave him lucky marshmallows for breakfast. :)

(he told me he would only let me take his picture if he didn't have to look)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I'll have to remember it next year!

    ReplyDelete