Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vinny meets his hero

If you have talked to Vinny about hockey lately, you will know that he LOVES #12 Scott MacDonald. He is obsessed with him. When he plays "pretend" hockey he is always Scott. When he watches hockey on TV, no matter what team it is, if he sees #12 he says "there's Scott MacDonald." When he plays hockey on the Xbox with Dad, quess who he wants to be... Yep, Scott MacDonald.
Last night Scott was signing after the game. We told Vinny that if he wanted to that he could meet him. It is all I heard about the whole game. "Mom, There's Scott MacDonald! I get to meet him!" When he scored, you would have thought it was the most exciting thing to Vinny ever!
So we wait in line for about a 1/2 hour and the whole time he said "I am going to tell him that he is my favorite guy." When we finally get up there, he walks up says hi and then gets his picture taken, then he says bye and we start to leave. We get around the corner and Vinny starts to cry. I asked why and he said "I forgot to tell him what I was going to tell him!" So we walked back over, he snuck his way up, went up to him and said "I like you." Scott was like "You like me?" Vinny just says "Yes!" Then they did a fist bump and we left.
The whole way to the car he had the biggest smile on his face. He talked all about the fist bump and how he talked to him. I have never seen him so happy. He danced around talking about it and told me that "Scott MacDonald is a cool dude!"
To top it all off, as we are getting close to the car he yells out "Tonight's Gonna Be A GOOD GOOD Night!!!!!" (He favorite song.)



Today was a big eye opener for me. I didn't realize that Vinny was old enough to have a hero, and I had no idea that it would mean so much to him to meet and talk to him. He is really growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment