Sunday, April 18, 2010

What a smart boy!

Vinny has been doing very well in his speech therapy. He has learned a lot more sounds and his speech is improving a lot. He has been meeting with Dawn at Providence once a week for a little over a month now. We also went for an evaluation at Marysville School District. I go back this Friday to find out their results and see if they have a plan for him. It sounds to me like he will go there for a 1/2 hour a week, and continue going to Dawn until September, when the new school year starts, but we will see.
He has gotten so smart.. He now knows how to write most of his letters in both uppercase and lower case. If he can't write them, he can recognize them, and knows many of thier sounds. He can count to 20, and it starting to add and subtract small numbers. He writes and draws all the time. I just amazes me.
I just signed him up for Preschool. He will start in September and go 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day. It is at Bethleham School in Marysville, which is actually where I went to Preschool. I am excited for him to go and learn all of the social aspects to prepare himself for Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment