Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jaws!!!

I am home today with my son because he bit 4 times.
4 times in one morning, can you believe it?!?!?!?
The problem is that I really don't know how to handle it. I feel like there is nothing I can do. I give him tylenol and orajel for teething. I feed him before daycare. I try to get him to get enough sleep, but we struggle on this too.
Anyway, he doesn't bite at home, and he doesn't bite anyone except for at daycare.
I wish I could get him to stop, but I am not there when he does it, and even if I was, I don't know that I would be able to get him to stop anyway.
I feel like other parents think that I am a bad mom, because I am the mom of "the biter." I know that I am not a bad mom. I am an excellent mother.
Maybe the mother's of the bitees should teach their children to quit taking my child's toys or food and to quit putting their arms near his mouth... Ok... rant over...
I think that I am just to the point where I have to sit back and hope that it is a short phase that he is going through and know that it doesn't reflect on me as a parent at all. And in the mean time, I can't get sick, because I know that I need to save all of my sicktime to deal with my little Jaws!

No comments:

Post a Comment